Ballroom & Latin Teacher Training
Become A Ballroom Dance Teacher! (Teacher applying for position? Click here!)
You have dance training and want to use it to make a profession? Have you dreamed of becoming a dance teacher? Simply want to upgrade your dancing skills to the professional level? You have never studied partner (Ballroom/Latin) dances before? No problem! These small group, fast pace, intensive, professional classes will teach you how to convert your skills to partner dancing.
Have been dancing ballroom as an amateur and now want to make dancing your career? Have you started to teach but realize you did not get thorough training? Are you an avid dancer, fast learner, who loves the idea of improving by learning both Leader’s and Follower’s parts? Our Teacher Training program will help you achieve your goals, even with no little or no prior partner dance experience! It is like attending college but for Ballroom/Latin Dancers.
Here is a list of some of the material you will learn:
- The 6 core dances of the Junior Associate Bronze American Syllabus for Smooth (Waltz, Tango, Foxtrot) & Rhythm (Rumba, Cha-Cha, Swing), plus Argentine Tango, Salsa and Bachata.
- How to dance as both Leader and Follower
- Technical and musical elements of all the dances
- How to teach private & group lessons
- How to prepare for DVIDA® certification
- Sales free Sales Training Course
- Move Like a Champion.
- Unlimited free attendance to group classes at Forever Dancing Ballroom (participating as Leader or Follower as needed). Including Salsa, Bachata, Argentine Tango, and more…
- Free attendance to dance parties at Forever Dancing Ballroom.
- Free practice time at Forever Dancing Ballroom.
- Sales free Sales Training Course: You will receive ground-breaking sales training emphasizing the interpersonal skills necessary to create long term relationships with students.
- Move Like a Champion – Learn exercises throughout our Bronze Teacher Training curriculum to enable you to teach the proper body mechanics necessary for your students to become excellent dancers.
All students will need to have proper dance shoes by the second class meeting. We recommend one smooth and one latin shoe, or practice dance shoes that fit both purposes. Clothes that you can move in comfortably, and don’t restrict movement. Think “business casual”.
Shirt and nice pants are preferred. If you sweat a lot, bring a change of shirt.
Something looser and flowing that allows you to take large steps backward and forward, as you follow your partner’s lead. No Tight skirts, miniskirts that restrict movement, no sleeveless shirts or tank tops that may make some partners uncomfortable touching so much skin.
4 hours per week classes. Plus individual practice (8 to 10 hours/week). 2 hours on Saturday and 2 hours on Weekday evening (TBD).
Tuition (non refundable):
- $599/month (4 month minimum)
Class size is currently limited to 8 people.
This is a professional level course, at a fairly fast pace. Missing class is not advised, as you can easily fall behind. If you do have to miss a class, you can generally arrange to work with one of the other students to help you catch up. You can also schedule private lessons with one of the faculty members
DIVIDA and , or USISTD exams are optional. However, there will be a Forever Dancing Theory/Demonstrational exams at the end of each month period. Average score 90 and above qualify you as an Associate Bronze Ballroom/Latin Instructor. Forever Dancing Exams are included in the fee. Forever Dancing Exams may be retaken ($75 fee). DIVIDA and,or USISTD may be set up on our school (fees are separated)
How to enroll?
Please send an email with your dance resume, or dance training, please include dance pictures and videos. Also, include your availability for dance training. The teacher training program director will follow up with you promptly. We are planning on starting the classes in February 2020
Don’t put off your dreams any longer. Call us today and get started! 703-824-3555